Tuesday 15 August 2017

Swapping stand-up for the Samba, Scottish comedian Susan Calman announced for Strictly!

Scottish comedian and broadcaster, Susan Calman is the ninth celebrity to join our line-up.
Susan said, “Being on Strictly is a dream come true. Finally I can reveal all the moves I've been practising in my kitchen to the nation. I am an enthusiastic home dancer and now on Saturday nights I'll be dancing in other people’s homes in a (hopefully) entertaining way. I am terrified but excited to start my Strictly journey.”
Strictly 2015 alumni and Radio 2 presenter, Jeremy Vine revealed the news on his Tuesday show. Susan is a regular contributor to BBC Radio 4, appearing on The News Quiz, The Unbelievable Truth, Now Show, Dilemma, I’m Sorry I Haven't a Clue and So Wrong It's Right; and she recently recorded the second series of her sitcom Sisters.
Aside from radio, Susan hosts a CBBC quiz show called Top Class as well as BBC One's new daytime shows, The Boss and Armchair Detectives. She has also appeared on QI, Have I Got News For You and Mock the Week. Susan has written a best-selling book and continues to tour and play to sell-out crowds across the country with her stand-up show, The Calman Before the Storm.
Keep up to date with all things Strictly on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.